Saturday, July 19, 2008

You have to love them when they're sleeping!

Lydia & Jacob begged to sleep together the other night so we let them. We found them (as we usually do) bundled up in a blanket cocoon, dripping sweat. It didn't seem to interrupt their slumber!Eleni is the best little sleeper! But she has to have about 10 security items before she'll sleep: This purple blanket, her "bee-bo" (the belly-button book in the picture), her "Aaa-eee," which is her Alice in Wonderland book, her bear and its blanket, and her "bih beah," or big bear, which is really a dog Grandma Katapodis gave her and is as big as she is. And she has to have either an arm or a leg sticking through the bars, as you can see here. Then she tucks everything under her arms and sighs a happy sigh. I'll say, "I love you, Ellie." And she always says, "Bye, Mommy." Those are the moments we treasure, aren't they?

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Cute!! I love sleeping kids. I love it that Eleni has to have all those things. Abe has his bears and Seb has his monkeys, but then they also have to have their current favorite toys to "watch them sleep" (which means sit next to the bed on the floor--which was my tricky way of not letting them take toys into bed, since all they do is play with them if they have them).