Sunday, November 2, 2008
Foot Loose and Arm Free!
Never has a mother been so grateful to bathe her kids! Jacob got his cast off on Thursday, and was sooooooo happy! When we got home, he went straight over to the neighbor's, where he and Madi (his best little pal) soaked themselves with her dad's spray hose. I think all that pent up emotion from weeks of "no swimming, no getting wet" finally had to come out sometime!
And sweet little Gabe got his cast off on Halloween--what a real Treat! Well, at least it will be in the long run. He hated having it off and screamed bloody murder when the physical therapist shoved his feet into this lovely contraption. He gets to wear this brace for 3 years! But at least we get to start taking it off while he's awake in a few months. For now, it's 23 hours a day, only off for bathtime and stretching. And I'm telling you, these shoes take 20 minutes to put on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Jess,
I feel for you having to put on those blasted brace shoes. One of my sisters had to wear one and I remember having to help my parents (mom mostly) try to put those dang things on. I can atest to the fact that it does take at least 20 mintues to put them on! But the fruits of our labors are great! You'll be grateful in the long run :)
I thought it was a skateboard too (for a Halloween costume or something)! ha ha!
ahhh...that does not look comfortable at all for him! so sorry...I didn't notice it at all on Sunday. I'm sorry you have to watch your little baby go though all of this. I know he will be grateful to you in the end...
I am happy to see both of your little ones doing better. My little brother had to go through the same thing Gabe is going through. The good news is my brother turned out to be a great soccer player. So in the end the whole process is worth it.
Hey Jessica - Heather Price here. Do you remember me? I just found your blog through some Sugar City bloggers. I have a question for you about the brace thing for your baby. Did Gabriel need it for having a turned-in foot? Our baby inherited my crazy pigeon-toed-ness and my husband is so concerned for his left foot which has a hard time going straight so he ends up standing on his ankle. I'd love any info you have. happyfam@gmail.com
Post a Comment