Friday, April 19, 2013

Something's Coming . . .

We have had some exciting happenings in our backyard lately!!  We feel very blessed that we're going to be able to finish our backyard--what a tender mercy!  Gabe has torn holes in my bedspread jumping on it so much--the kid just needs somewhere to go to get out all his energy . . . we really feel like it's the right time to do our backyard--even if it means pinching pennies a little tighter.

And if you don't think Gabe was excited . . . 
 guess again!  Our nice landscaper, Scott, was kind enough to give Gabe a ride on the tractor after Gabe sat and watched him for three hours straight.
 Here's the yard with a bit more progress--and let me just say that St. George sand is filthy!  All my kids have to do is step outside and they track in a nice fine layer of clay.  I have done more laundry the past couple of weeks . . . but I'm glad to see them outside enjoying some of our beautiful sunshine!
 And here you see the result of some of this hard work--we have an in-ground trampoline!  I didn't realize what a commitment it was to dig this huge hole in our backyard--it's going to last until the millennium, the way it was installed!
It's already meant hours of family fun--that is, the whole family minus a very pregnant Momma . . . More pictures to come!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Ooh, very pregnant describes it well. Are you so tired? I can barely drag myself up and down the stairs. I hope we have our babies on the same day! Do I say that every time I talk to you?

Anyway, I love your backyard. Already. Trampolines are so fun! I'm glad the kids will have a place to play so you and baby can have some piece and quiet. :) We are trying to get a shed built in our backyard too. It won't be before the baby, though. This isn't really a very good comment, it's more of an email, isn't it. Well then. I will finish it as such. Expect to hear from me . . . shortly. I miss you Jessica dear! :)

Momma Kaye said...

Is it just me, or does Lydia look 6 feet tall in one of those photos? Wow! What a marvelous project, and what adorable 'backyardagins!'