Sunday, July 28, 2013

Oh What Do You Do in the Summertime?

How we've been spending our summer vacation:
 Checking daily for eggs from the chickens!  Here's the first one, and now we have at least 2 a day, sometimes 3 . . . it's like Christmas every morning, the kids get so excited!  They all speculate on which chick laid which egg, etc.
 The eggs are cute and tiny, and oh-so-yummy!
 SUMMER SCHOOL: It hasn't been as much of a success in years past . . . Eleni's expression and hair about sum up what we've all felt like this summer.  Little precious Lizzie has been staying up until about 2 am (until just this week--12:30 am, hallelujah!) so we are all pretty ragged in the morning.  At least we've had the summer to adjust!
BOATING: Seth started boat-shopping on Craig's list and I thought I'd humor him and let him do it.  Then he found this screamin' deal, so . . . We bought a used boat!  It's very old and he knew the guy selling it.  I know what you're thinking--doesn't Jessica hate swimming?  And swimming suits?  And getting wet? And sand? and sunscreen and getting children into their suits and hauling all the gear you need . . . ?  The answer is--yes, nothing has changed, but it has been so much fun for Seth and the kids that I decided to take one for the team and sacrifice. After all, Seth indulges my reading addiction, so it's the least I can do.  It's actually not that bad, and Seth is so cute and excited I can't be too upset about it.  He said I can learn how to drive so I don't even have to get wet while he tubes with the kids.  I guess I can handle that . . . :)

 I mean, look how excited these kids are . . . 

 Don't worry--we didn't forget Lizzie.  She fits snugly under the seat and didn't even get wet.



 Jacob and Lydia were pretty brave on the tube, since Seth is still figuring out how fast is too fast . . . 
So come on down and visit!  And don't worry--you don't even have to get wet! :)

2 comments:

Momma Kaye said...

Oh Jessica! Your expression on the boat speaks volumes! PLEASE be careful with the babies and water. We love you all so very much!

michelle said...

12So excited for you guys! We didn't have much money growing up but my dad bought a boat when we were young and I have thousands of great memories on the water.
I knew it was a sacrifice for my mom to always find all the towels and pack the lunch/dinner, but your kids will thank you later.
My dad was very strict about life jackets and flagging...and we never had an accident. Just train the kids while they are young and you will many fun and safe memories ahead! :)