Friday, April 4, 2008

Spring in St. George

Spring here is like summer everywhere else. It's beautiful! I'm going to show off the yard a bit; almost 100% Seth's doing. He finished the deck and landscaping a couple of years ago, but can't function without some kind of yardwork project. So he keeps buying plants for the yard, and so far, everything is flourshing! (Excepting the white peach tree, which appears to be giving up the battle against aphids. If I had a dollar for every time I had to spray those blasted bugs off our plants . . . but dishsoap and water works!)

And here you see why Seth is known as the guy with the greenest lawn on the cul-de-sac. One of my friends told me it looks like carpet. I think it's because he fertilizes it practically every other day, then tells all the neighbor kids not to walk on it. I heard our 3-yr-old neighbor tell another kid, "Don't walk on Jacob's grass--it has poison on it!"
Here's our garden--tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, strawberries, and onions. Last year we had tomatoes for months and months--hope it happens again! We love the growing season here.

1 comment:

meg said...

wow jessica! What a beautiful yard. Well you've probably heard it from your parents that we are not seeing any kind of spring here!I am getting very restless! I can't believe Lydia is in 1st grade! How is the seminary teaching going? We sure miss you guys!