This is going to be an exciting year on the Romney side of the family--3 weddings in 3 months. That has to be some kind of record! Well, one down and two to go. I thought some of you might appreciate seing how fun it is for us to travel long distances. Our kids have been really patient about being squeezed into the back of a Corolla . . . eventually we'll get a bigger vehicle, but it's good for our kids to do without, right?
Things started out okay . . .
But by the end of the trip, I think everyone was worn out!
Truly, it was truly a wonderful weekend. The kids had a blast with their cousins,
Benj & Amy's wedding was beautiful, wonderful, and everything we could have hoped it would be (they even had my favorite BYU-I Catering Spinach Salad at the luncheon--what could be better?)--I even got to sing my famous Irish Drinking Song, thus performing the one and only musical number aside from the songs by the bride and groom.
We didn't get many pictures with my family--I'm always forgetting to whip out the camera. But I liked this one of Ellie practicing Grandma Yaya's piano.
In addition to the wedding, we had another special surprise. Seth's brother Vance and his wife Brittney had a baby while we were in town! They were nice enough to let us all come that evening to meet beautiful baby Austin James (I hope that's spelled right). He's adorable! The first baby on that side of the family, so the kids are thrilled.
4 comments:
I FOUND YOUR BLOG!!! I was snooping around and loved to see the goings-on at the King house! How's it going? So excited about Benji!
Jess-
It was sure fun to see you! Thanks for making the "driving" sacrifice to come. I want you to know I am SO enjoying all the fun movies you gave me (regardless of Jonathan's disapproval)- you are the best! :)
Hey there guys! I just realized I had comments on our blog, I'm still getting used to it. Thanks for the link to your blog. It is so fun to check and see what all our friends and family are up to. I was excited to hear about Vance and Brittany's little boy. I had not heard that he was born yet. Well we sure love you and it looks like life is good.
Crazy how we ran into each other at the Rexburg temple! Wished we could have stopped to talk! Sometime we'll have to plan our trips to Idaho so we actually can spend some time together! Congrats on your new little boy!
Post a Comment