Thursday, June 5, 2008

Anthony's Nauvoo Wedding





I've been meaning to post this . . . A few weeks ago, my brother Anthony married his beautiful wife, Kylie, in the Nauvoo temple. What a treat! Seth was a real trooper and stayed home with the kids so I could fly out to enjoy the wedding and a quick tour of Nauvoo with my family. We only had about 3-4 hours total to be actual tourists, but we packed it in! The wedding was beautiful, the temple was beautiful, and my favorite thing was that I actually saw fireflies!!!! That's always been an unspoken dream of mine, ever since riding the Pirates of the Caribbean ride in Disneyland (remember the fireflies in the bayou just before you go down the waterfall?).Abraham, Chelsea (Abe's awesome wife), Benjamin and I stayed together in St. Louis, then drove to Nauvoo. It was so fun to see all of them again, especially since I haven't seen Benj since his mission other than briefly at his own wedding! My parents drove their big van across the states to get there, and it was such a beautiful place for a family reunion. If I'd had Seth and the kids, it would have been perfect.

We were lucky to get to drop by Carthage Jail too. There is a special spirit about those sites, particularly in contrast with the sites owned by the Church of Christ. They were good too, but there was something unique about those sites hosted by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am so grateful for the early saints of the church and the sacrifices they made. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet, and although it was amazing to walk where he walked and actually see Nauvoo, my testimony of the restored gospel is as it ever was. I know it is true.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Look at you, you cute little pregnant lady. I don't think I knew you were pregnant until you posted your ultrasound a little while ago--so, hooray! Good for you, and lucky you--another boy! I love boys! :) And I'm glad you got to go to Nauvoo, and _I've_ always had a dream to see fireflies too!! Maybe someday I will be able to, ahem, "live the dream." And, Anthony's wife looks like one of you Romney girls, I think. Is that all three weddings, or is there still one to go? And I'm thinking maybe I should just write you an email, since this is really far too long to go in the comments section. So. Brethren, adieu.
P.S. Your comment verification is making me write "umbtnmn"

shay said...

I wish you would've told me that you were there, I would've met you there! The Nauvoo temple was OUR temple! It's so pretty isn't it? That is one thing that I'll miss leaving the midwest! :(