Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bethany's Wedding--The last of the Romney Siblings!

Well, my little sis is now married and has left the roost! It's hard to believe I've met all my Romney in-laws now, but Seth and I couldn't be more pleased. Jonathon is wonderful and perfect for Beth. And doesn't Bethany look absolutely beautiful? I wish she'd been so good at hair when I got married . . . she did her own, and my dad did the flowers. He let me help with some of the arrangements at the reception, one of the highlights for me. I love working with Daddy on weddings.




When Beth and Jonathon came out of the temple, no one was paying attention, so they had to do it over again, for the sake of pictures for posterity. This is them acting surprised. :)

And this is my favorite piece of decoration at the reception. It was held in my parents' back yard, which Daddy had made absolutely breathtaking, complete with maze, labyrinth, hundreds of trees, and beautiful flowers & blooming lilacs. It was perfect for a reception, and I'm glad one of us finally got married in the proper season to use it! Anyway, this is the cake my mother-in-law made and Daddy decorated. Isn't it amazing? It fit right between these two trees and Dad somehow tied it up there. Pretty cool! (By the way, thank you Lou for the picture--I had to steal it from you because I was too busy, I forgot to take pictures of the reception!) By popular request, I've enlarged the picture and found a closer shot.
My beautiful sisters & siters-in-law . . . and I'm being such a good mother to my crying baby . . .




Here's a picture of Benj & Amy. They are such cute newlyweds! So are Anth & Kylie. Kylie was especially helpful during the reception with Eleni, who wore a grumpy face almost the entire trip. I think she was overwhelmed by all the people. Also, Chelsea, nicknamed "Aunt Choody," made the weekend special for Lydia by having a "princess party," complete with crumpets (rice crispy treats) and lemonade. I think all the sisters and sisters-in-law had more fun than the little girls, what with our English accents and deciding on the best Disney prince and princess.Beth's colors were white and green, which ended up looking very pretty on Lydia's tan skin. One day swimming in St. George, and she's as brown as can be, while I'm still white as a ghost!
Here's Ellie with her cousin Isaac, who said this statue of Chopin was Joseph Smith . . . what a cute little guy he is! Jacob was sad not to be there to play with him. I left Jacob home with Daddy and his Uncle Brian, who is living with us for the summer while he works a landscaping job. But don't worry--Daddy secretly rented a jet-ski and took Jacob & Brian to the lake all day Saturday. Poor lonely men, left all on their own! Jacob loved it.



Just a couple more, I promise . . . Here's Ellers with cousin Miles, Isaac's little bro, and also below with Autumn, her little twin cousin (Lydia's daughter). When they were in their matching lime-green dresses, I kept getting them mixed up from behind. And Eleni wearing her scowl, of course. It has become a permanent fixture now, usually accompanied with an impatient, "Momm-eee!" like I've done something wrong. What a peanut!


3 comments:

Melissa said...

Jess,

I'm so glad you posted. We got Beth's wedding invitation in the mail, and I could hardly believe how time has flown. These pictures are so fun. She looks gorgeous. I especially like the fake surprise. Sounds like a big year for the Romney family--and what a great bunch you are.

For some reason, the other day, I had the occasion to sing some West Side Story in a Scottish accent. Made me think of you.

Marilyn said...

Oh, you Romney girls are so lovely. And I love the green and white. And the tiny, tiny, cake, no bigger than a watch battery, suspended between two miniscule trees with embroidery floss. Thank you for this enticing, yet mysterious, glimpse of Bethany's wedding! (Yes, yes, I tried clicking to enlarge, but to no avail.)

And Melissa!! I knew it was you as soon I heard your Scottish accent. Haven't I asked you, Jessica, how your wonderful cousin Melissa is doing--and why haven't I been directed to her blog? Keeping her all to yourself, are you? Come, Suzanne. You mustn't keep Andrew oll to yourself. People will think you're afraid he'll stray!

Momma Kaye said...

I love the photos. I just want to see an enlargement of the cake. Is there any way I can make it bigger?
-Mom

Hey-- I love those two girls-- Melissa and Marilyn. How are they doing?