Seth is a pretty fearless guy. I mean, he bikes down mountains, loves driving his truck off-road, and balances our kids on one hand (perhaps "reckless" is a better word). But when it comes to anything creepy-crawly, he is a regular Ron Weasley.
.JPG)
The other night Seth came in from the garage hollering for me--I thought we had another broken arm on our hands . . . but no. He had been lifting weights and had felt something funny twitching between his shoulder blades as he benched. Muscle spasm? Nope, how about TARANTULA!!!! He had killed it by laying on it and had felt its last dying twitches. And of course, this
would happen to Seth, who is already terrified of most bugs, especially spiders. He couldn't function the whole evening; he kept getting jittery and jumpy whenever he saw something small on the floor. Poor guy! He needed a big hug after that one.
Oh yeah, did I mention he's scared of dogs? Especially the small yippy ones. Or the huge barky ones. This is why we have no pets.
This isn't the tarantula he squashed, but it
is a tarantula I found on our rocks by where the kids were playing. We also had one outside our front door last week.

And
this little beauty is the scorpion I killed because Seth was too afraid to do it. He tried catching it in a jar (he also has this thing about killing anything, bug, animal, wh
at have you, which I really admire but do not share. If it's in/around my house, it must DIE) but it almost got him. So I took his shoe, squished the living daylights out of it, then jumped on the shoe.

And my sweet Daddy--animals flock to him whenever he comes. He caught this frog/toad by our garbage can. I've never even
seen one in St. George!
.JPG)
Jacob was actually stung by a scorpion, and we've also had skunks and California Kingsnakes (how appropriate!) in our yard. And a lizard that ran into our house--I wasn't so brave on that one!
Seth may kill me, but here's the video of him explaining the episode. I think he intended this only for posterity.
12 comments:
Oh my gosh! I have never laughed so hard. Poor Seth, he was really freaked out! We've had our share of creepy crawly things in our house too. Outside in our backyard we've had cyotes, racoons and deer. I guess that's what we get for have a mini moutain in our backyards. Don't ya just love it?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was the best! Anthony and I loved watching it and hearing the stories, and you really made the point with all the pictures! hahahah
Love you!
that seriously makes me ill.... i would be scarred for life if that happened to me. (I'll have to make sure Spencer sees this one..I'm sure he would have a very good laugh)
Thankfully we have never encountered a tarantula in our home. Hope to keep it that way...
This is soooooooooo funny! Seth you're hilarious!
Seth's story is just too good to be true. But I had to believe it after that awesome video evidence. I was laughing and shivering at the same time.
Jessica...I would so move if I were you guys. I would leave all my belongings and just move!
I wonder how Seth would have done growing up at our house. Remember how I paid Abe 25 cents a can to unwind the snakes that were wrapped around the diced tomatoe cans? Thanks to your warped childhood, Jessica, you can be brave for Seth.
Love you two!
-Ma
Ew. Ew. Ew. My heart breaks for you Seth!
Seriously? That is soooo freaky gross. Ok, but I gotta say - Seth talking in that video about his lifting weights for SOME reason reminded me of Napoleon Dynamite. Hahahaha!
That is just incredible! Time to move (to Moscow perhaps?) I would say! :) Poor Seth- I think we're cut out of the same cloth- I just can't even believe that though- it is a good think you took pictures for proof! What a place to live- I just have to hand it too you! (By the way- my word verification was appropriately "critorse") :)
You can tell him he got a laugh out of me with that video. How funny and gross and filled with anxiety.
That is so great! Ron Weasley! Ha ha! I feel like Seth and I can REALLY be friends now.
Post a Comment