Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Hogwart's Celebration

Our precious Lydia has turned eight! She is always full to the brim with fun ideas for parties, but the poor girl got a mom who doesn't let her throw them often enough! So I decided to let her have free reign with this one, and she chose a Harry Potter theme. My sister Lydia made this darling invitation (she is REALLY REALLY good, and her prices are so reasonable! It was very easy and convenient, which is a big deal to me. Check out her blog--cute ideas for baby/wedding/b-day announcements, calendars, etc.), and Lydia and I planned activities around the different Hogwarts classes. The were "sorted" into houses, then attended "Charms" (making charm bracelets and necklaces for the pets) . . . "Transfiguration" (crazy monster drawings below) . . .
. . . "Potions" (making fruit smoothies), and "Defense Against the Dark Arts" (watching Harry Potter & the Prizoner of Azkaban). What a fun night! The best part was that I actually felt like a fun mom because Seth took all three other kids almost the whole time. Bless him!The girls sure seemed to have a fun time. Lyd has been very blessed with some sweet friends in this neighborhood! This silly video clip is of all the girls holding their "wands" (sticks fallen from my neighbor's tree) and their "pets."

6 comments:

Lyd Stew said...

Oh- SO FUN!!!! I wish I could have come! I can't get over what cute ideas you had! What a perfect party. My girls have already made me watch that video ten times... I don't know if I can do it again :) except that it is still cracking me up- they just seem like they are all having fun and included. What a fun night and what a sweet mom! Good for you- she WILL have happy memories of that one! And good for Seth for helping out- he is such a good dad! I think you guys are more "partiers" then you realize! (Especially with a surprise Disney Land Trip!) Sure love you and glad things went well- I can't believe my cutest name-sake is eight!!! WAY TO GO!

Bethany L. said...

Oh JEB! This looks so fun!!! I'm so glad that everything turned out well!! You're such a good Mom

Trisha said...

Wow what a fun party! Mitch totally got the shaft for his 8th birthday. We hope to see cute Lyd and the fam next week when we come to St. George for a visit.

abi said...

Oh how fun are you! Looks like all the girls had so much fun. Did she already have her baptism? Zane was asking me about it... Happy Birthday Lydia!!

michelle said...

You are the smartest girl ever! What cute birthday ideas! You should be a party planner in your next life! Way to go Jess, the smile on your daughter's face says it all!

Lindsay said...

Super cute! (I'm seeing there is so much to look forward to!) Lydia is lucky to have such a fun mommy!