Monday, June 21, 2010

Lydia the Tattoo Lady . . .

My precious, lovely Lydia--what would I do without this girl?
Crazy Hair Day at school--we put a cup in Lyd's pony tail to make it stick out.

Lydia's school sponsored a Kite Festival last April, and we had a lot of fun trying out the "rides." Here's Lydia on the bungee stretchy thing--I don't know what you call it.
And on a family hike--Lyd has become such a good sport about going on hikes with our family. It's not her favorite thing to do, but she grins and bears it because the little kids enjoy hiking so much. I have memories of being so cranky about going swimming for family night and of spending the evening on the side of the pool doing my homework or reading . . . I'm just grateful my good daughter is a better woman than I am!
We've had a bit of sadness in our neighborhood; Lydia's friends (Elisa & Emma George) since age 2 just moved away last week. These guys were three peas in a pod, and we're going to miss having such good neighbors. But a new girl Lydia knew in Kindergarten is moving in, so that's helping to soften the blow.

1 comment:

Sara Packer said...

Lydia is truly beautiful. I'm so glad you have such a helpful and unselfish daughter.