There's something I've notice about having a new baby. As a mother, I start to assume all babies look like my baby, her face is just so familiar to me. Then I start looking at other babies, including my own, and I realize it's just because this is the face I see about 16 hours a day, and it's always looking at me--watching me eat, watching me while she eats, looking to me to save her from siblings (yes, that is Jacob's little mouth in the corner of the picture), and needing me for everything. What a tremendous responsibility, an exhausting calling, and an incredible blessing.
3 comments:
Her sweet little "baby face" melts my heart! What I wouldn't give (would give? That just doesn't sound right) to snuggle her up- she is just too cute! So beautiful- that thick head of hair makes her seem like she's a teenager- it even seems "styled" to get some body. So cute!
Ah! She's growing up so fast I can't stand it! Is it weird that she she reminded me a lot of Lou in these pictures?
It's funny how you start to notice a family look after a while. Individually none of my kids have stood out to me as "oh, she looks so much like _____"--but collectively they somehow all look like each other. Your kids are the same (though I do sometimes see you or Seth in them;maybe it's easier to pick it out with other people's kids)--they just look like Kings! And they eat like kings! (Ahem, sorry, no implication about their weights intended, it just seemed like the right phrase to follow that with).
Talking of mishearing song lyrics (we were, weren't we?)---Rachael thought "we are spirits in the material world" was "feet upstairs in the material room", which I think is lovely.
Post a Comment