Evie told me it was about time I did a post of her and her only--after all, she is the new baby around here. And she has grown up quite a bit since last time we spotlighted her.
She learned (just last week, in fact) to sit up and started to crawl on the same day.
She is now eight months old and starting to have her own little personality--she just picked up growling a couple of days ago.
This is her watching her big sister, Lydia, walk around the room . . .
A few of Evie's favorite things:
Mom
Mom
her "love fingers," which you can't quite see in this picture (Gabe calls it "sucking on 'I Love You,'" because she sucks on her middle and ring finger, while the rest of them spell "I love you" in sign language)
Momma
Mommy
Mother
You think I'm kidding, don't you? I have never had a child quite so attached as this little dolly! She absolutely loves me, is content all day as long as I'm carrying her around, and cries inconsolably if I leave the room. After a screaming fit, all I have to do is pick her up and she's completely happy again. If I'm sitting close by teaching piano, she's fine. If she's playing on the floor and can touch me with her feet, she's fine. If I give her to Daddy, nice friends in church, or one of the kids, she screams bloody murder. If I sit her on the floor for more than five minutes so I can knead the bread, I end up with a screaming, tear-streaked baby face staring at me.
So rather than get frustrated that I can't get any cleaning done, that my arms are tired, or that I need some space, I've decided to just brag it up--I have a #1 fan!
And how many people can brag about inspiring this kind of smile every time they walk in a room?
4 comments:
OH! Eat it up while you can, Jess. What an adorable little girl. She is absolutely beautiful! I can't get over all of that hair!
------------------------------------------
I hope my child looks back on today
And sees a mother who had time to play.
There will be years for cleaning and cooking,
But children grow up when you’re not looking.
Tomorrow I’ll do all the chores you can mention
But today, my baby needs time and attention.
So settle down cobwebs; dust go to sleep,
I’m cuddling my baby, and babies don’t keep.
Oh, what a sweetie! I love my little goddaughter. Tell her to expect a package from me soon, by the way. I have (thanks to conference weekend) finished her "item" (sounds like something bad, but it's good, I promise) and now just have to get to the post office with it. It's so cute that she loves you so much. I'm sure it can be frustrating too, but how sweet. AND! She DOES remember Junie from heaven, because Junie sucks those same two fingers! They must have been in some sort of finger-sucking club. (Don't you think they had anything better to do in heaven?)
That little doll is so sweet! I need you to scan a copy of that "scared eyes" picture with you, me, and Abe. I feel like she looks like her Aunt Lou with her little piggy tales- maybe just wishful thinking that I was that cute. :)
how sweet. Kaleb does the same thing. Total mommas boy. I swear Austin wasn't so attched. Maybe he was, I just forgot. Also, I used to suck those same middle two fingers when I was a baby.
Post a Comment