I've been so behind at posting things--look at this house now! I have lots of in-between pictures, but I figure you'll want to see what things look like now. This picture is from earlier in the week when the stucco was finally finished. I love our rock! And I love the stucco color! And don't you just love the fake wooden beams under the eaves? Such a lovely touch. This home is truly beautiful, and we feel incredibly blessed every time we drive out to see it.
When Seth and I were choosing colors for the paint, I begged him to let us go with lighter walls and darker trim. He wasn't sold on the idea (still isn't, poor color-blind fellow), but I love the way it looks! The painters (unexpectedly) decided to use the darker color in the closet interiors. We actually love it--we all decided that the closets are the color of hot chocolate, and they're going to make us hungry every time we see them. I guess we'll all turn into real "closet eaters" . . . even Gabe caught and told me when we got home, "Mom, I really need some food, because those closets are making me hungry!" This here's my pantry--more space, with an added outlet for my wheat grinder & Bosch--thank you, Seth!
Wall color: Almond Creme, base & case: Coffee Kiss. This whole house is going to make me hungry! (always excepting the coffee :) It looks yellow in the sunlight, but more creamy when it's darker.
Upstairs family room.
Kitchen--I love the dark wood!!! I am so excited about that!
Seth was very good to me where this kitchen was concerned--it's so lovely & functional! I think the cabinets are finished now, but we didn't get over there today to check. But the lighting is in!
Here's the entryway--Seth secretly wishes he could keep the white baseboards, but they are probably painted now--they had to keep them off to do the tile. I also got my way with these sconce lights, but he likes them now too. Hoping to buy a Ben Romney Lu Sun Ben painting to put in our entryway . . . :)
Front porch entrance & our view out front--someday there may be an elementary school behind those houses, which would be awesome! I will miss the bus this year; the kids have to walk or be driven to school now.
Stairway just to the side of the entry, with the lovely iron railing Seth picked out.
Aren't these light fixtures awesome? I think they did a very nice job.
Ok, I hesitate to post the master bathroom--it's a source of embarrassment to me. When we first looked at this floor plan, I thought, "We could have a party in that bathroom--why didn't they just make it into another room?" But now I'm kind of excited--it's pretty sweet!
Jack & Jill sinks here with a fancy tub. I don't even take baths! So I guess we'll just save this jacuzzi tub for company . . . or maybe a family swim party. :)
Here's the house at sunset with light fixtures and front sidewalk added. We are getting really excited! We walk through next Thursday and close on Friday, which is good because we also need to be out of our house that same day . . . This whole thing has fallen into place so perfectly, and we know the Lord's hand has been in it. Since so much has been given to us, we truly feel humbled because we know much will be required (D&C 82:3).
5 comments:
Oh Jessica! What a beautiful home! We are soooo happy for you and your precious family! I couldn't tell if that first photo was you or Lydia with Seth. Honestly, you are such clones of each other. We must plan a trip to St. George to see this manor house.
Oh my heck Jessica! This is so beautiful. PLEASE don't ever EVER show Jonathon your master bathroom. He will die of jealousy! :) I'm really liking the darker trim too. I've heard of it but never actually seen it and it makes everything look so lovely--straight out of a House & Home Magazine! Can't wait to see it all finished!
I was just going to start "Oh JESS!" and then I noticed the other two comments (we are definitely family!) UNREAL! I can't even beleive you get to live there! It is so lovely. And yet I can't think of more deserving people who take care of and share what they have. It just looks amazing and I'm so excited for you. I never would have picked the darker trim like that on my own- how did you think of it? I love it! Pretty much I love the whole things- can't wait to actually "see" it!
What a beautiful House! You all deserve it! I hope you enjoy it for years to come!
Wow, u better start taking baths! I wish we were at this point 3-5 more yrs....love the scripture at the end, so true. I hope u get to move in soon!
Post a Comment