One of my greatest joys in life is reading to my kids, and they know nothing delights me more than when they love a book I love. Lately I have been reading The Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder to Eleni, Gabe, and Evie, and they have been absolutely riveted. Gabe loves all the stories about animals, Evie loves the pictures, and Eleni loves to pretend that our family is like the Ingalls family.
The other day Eleni (5) brought this in to me, all taped together like a book. I hope you enjoy it! (I will translate--her phonetic spelling is a bit hard to understand)
"Little House in the Big Woods"
"Laura was cold, and Mary. Ma made some breakfast."
"Pa was hunting for dinner." (*notice the bear in the woods)
"Laura and Mary were wondering where Pa was."
"Finally Pa came home." (*Pa's beard is my favorite!)
She had a page with "The End" on it, but I got lazy about scanning.
I am so grateful for good literature; between Lehi's family in the Book of Mormon leaving their homes for the wilderness and the Ingalls family leaving their home for the prairie, I have a lot of good examples to draw from as we approach our moving date.





2 comments:
These pictures are so adorable! I remember loving the Little House on the Prairie Books! Thanks for sharing!
Read that to Kylie and she loved it too! I love the "2nd edition." One of my favorites that I think all your kids will love is "The Box Car Children." Not all the mystery but the original first book...happy reading!
Post a Comment