Sunday, October 21, 2012

School at Last!

Yes, I'm a bit tardy on posting my First Day of School pictures . . .
Eleni has officially started Kindergarten!  She loves it.  Her teacher looks just like her, which she thinks is pretty great, and she can hardly wait until after lunch to go each day.
Jacob started 1st grade, and his only complaint: "I just wish I had more homework like Lydia!  I just want a challenge." I need to write that down and remind him in a few years--"you wanted a challenge, buddy!"  I am glad we kept him back a year, but at the same time, I know he'd be just fine in 2nd.  I just need to find more stuff for him to do to keep him busy.
Lydia is now in middle school and loving it, although it has been a much busier schedule.  I am proud of her, though--she has gotten really organized and keeps good track of her assignments and homework.  She gets herself up and ready at 6 am every morning--what a good girl!
  Eleni & Jacob and our two cute neighbor friends we carpool with. So that has changed my life--I MISS HAVING A BUS STOP!!!  I spent the entire first 2 weeks of school driving the kids to and from, sometimes five times a day.  We have finally worked out carpools, and life is much better now.
  I have three kids in school!  It's hard for me to wrap my head around--I went from having 4 kids home part-day last year to having only 2--and one of them napping.  You'd think I'd be able to get more done, but since these two are the ones home . . .
 There is truly never a dull moment.  Gabe and Evie are finally friends, though, which makes me happy.  But they are happy when their older siblings get home.
 This kid has really enjoyed some "Mommy-Gabey" time.
 And don't worry--I put them all to work when they are around.  They are now my official floor-moppers. :)

2 comments:

Momma Kaye said...

Eleni has such long arms, doesn't she? Your home is so beautiful- can't wait to see it!

AnK Romney said...

I can't believe you have two at home!!!!! I am so glad that Evie and Gabe are friends at last!