Gabe has been waiting all year for his birthday--and now that it's over, he's started asking me daily when it's going to be his birthday again. . . .
I am so grateful he has such sweet sisters who make holidays and birthdays fun. I do like birthday's, don't get me wrong, but I don't have the desire or the know-how to make a big party or production of birthdays. So Eleni came up with the whole thing--a surprise Harry Potter breakfast. She decorated the house with these pictures from Harry potter--Clockwise from the top, they are *a scene from The Goblet of Fire, *Harry in his school robes, *Sirius Black as a dog, and *the Whomping Willow.
These pictures are *Harry on his broomstick, *Harry fighting the Basilisk, and a birthday sign designed by Eleni.
We set up breakfast upstairs and enjoyed a morning of watching the Harry Potter of his choice (I forget which one).
He couldn't wait to open presents, though--thanks to Grandmas for making his birthday special!
His one request was a Harry Potter cake. I don't do cakes, you can ask my kids--we're hot a huge cake family, usually preferring cookies or brownies. And cake decorating--it's not my forte. But I decided to give it a try, so we used toys from around the house to create the scene from Harry Potter #4, where he fights the dragon.
Notice the stunning detail and incredible icing job.
We love you, Gabe!
2 comments:
i love that cake! And I love that cute Gabe! So grown up... almost big enough to build a wall, perhaps. :) What an artist Eleni is!!! I need her to decorate for our parties! (Will you PLEASE get rid of your word verification- I AM NOT A ROBOT and I'm on my 5th attempt! Vision problems?)
Jessica, I read your post and am reminded of our favorite "I want to be a Homemaker" book. Remember how the mother says: "Your children will think that your house is the best place in the whole world." Thanks for making precious memories for your children.
Post a Comment