Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A little Family R&R


Conference weekend--one of the best times of the year! Some good friends, the Otts, were kind enough to let us borrow their cabin for the weekend. Seth has been working on a "big huge" paper (to quote Gabe), and we haven't seen him all week, so this was a much-needed getaway for our little family.
We went on a 4-wheeler ride, played games, enjoyed the BEAUTIFUL fall colors, and revelled in the fact that our daddy was home with us. The only flaw in the weekend was the little accident Jacob had . . . he tripped on the steps and split his chin open. We bandaged it like crazy, and I hope it will heal okay!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

michelle said...

What a fun weekend~! Haven't checked your blog in a while...so excited about your new little papaya (baby)! Congrats!

abi said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I can't believe how old Gabe looks. Hope all is well!

Marilyn said...

That looks so fun. I love the pretty leaves! And, I didn't know you were pregnant either . . . congratulations!!! By the way, I can't believe how old Lydia is now. She is beautiful! Is she the only one in school right now?

WV: squids!

Lyd Stew said...

What a pretty place! I'm so glad you guys got a little time away together! Very important! We are sure proud of Seth and YOU GUYS for the work on his PHD- so awesome!