We've been battling with Gabe over bedtime lately; every night he'd convince us that he needed one more toy, one more book, etc., and we would give in without much of a fight, just hoping he would fall asleep. But after seeing all this stuff in bed with him . . . well, we've laid down the law and cleaned out the bed! We've had to leave him crying a few times, but he's gotten the point now. He'll plead, "Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy!" as I'm saying, "Good night! I love you," but as soon as the door closes he gives up and goes to sleep. (By the way--this comes from the Christie Doman method of getting your kids to sleep through the night, and each time we forget how wonderfully it works! Thanks Christie!)
The other evening I was in another room and heard Gabe talking to himself, "App-ohs. Mmmm." I came in the room to find him like this . . . now that he can push around a stool, nothing is safe! Each apple had a little bite in it. The little turkey!
We just marvel at the leg positions this kid can get himself into. I think it must be a result of him still having to sleep with his bar. Blocks are the new thing around our house--or rather the old thing--I love it when the kids rediscover old toys they haven't played with in months!

1 comment:
old toys are the best! I'll get you a case of tinker toys for Christmas, then you will really love me.
Post a Comment