Friday, January 16, 2009
Lovely Weather for a Sleigh Ride
We were snowed in at my parents in Idaho for Christmas, but we had such a fun time! Our kids had a blast playing with their cousins. We missed Anthony & Kylie, who were in Indiana for their first Christmas, but Beth & Jonathon and Benj & Amy were there, along with Abe, Chelsea & their 2 boys (Isaac & Miles) and Lou, Doug & their 2 girls (Amberlee & Autumn). Aside from the lack of sleep with 3 snoring, stuffy-nosed kids on the floor by us, it was definitely a wonderful holiday.
This is a picture of my sweet mother, brother-in-law Doug, Jacob (yes, Jacob. In the pink snowsuit; he didn't have one so he unabashedly borrowed Eleni's--after all, he's always telling me pink is his favorite color, but don't tell Seth), Eleni & Autumn, Isaac, Lydia, and my sister Lydia. My sister Lydia (who I call "Lou" to avoid obvious confusion!) is 7 months pregnant. She--yes, she is the one pulling the sled. I took all my pictures from inside the house. I have to admit I didn't feel bad about missing the sledding fun. I have decided that I'm a real homebody, literally, and as Seth says, I'm "all about convenience." Getting cold and wet and frozen is not convenient. My brother Abe said it reminded him of the days in high school when we'd go swimming for family night and I'd spend the whole time on the benches, doing my homework or reading. I hated swimming (I still do--how sad is that?) because, again, it's not convenient. It's probably more inconvenient than sledding. The kids didn't mind the cold, though. Dad hooked the sleds up to the tractor, then Seth hooked them to our new Sequoia. Eleni and Jacob wouldn't come in, they had so much fun!
Eleni made my poor dad carry her around upside-down for an entire evening one of the days we were there. She loved it! Soon all the grandkids were begging to be turned upside-down. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i LOVE the pink snowsuit! :)
I am so totally in agreement with you. I don't know what I ever saw in sledding. All I want to do is stay inside, where it's cozy (and have some of the hot chocolate when everyone comes back in).
I'm with you about snow in general - it's way to much work for the little bit of fun before the cold sets in. Thank goodness for Dads, they're always good for sledding!
Way fun. Let's do it again next year. Are you in?
Good Times! I still can't believe we all fit in the house! But some happy memories! Seth was awesome with hooking up the sleds- that was a lot of fun! (Doug and I were watching the little videos we took of it and we were cracking up, because we were really hauling for those little kids- but it made for good times all around! :) Thanks for posting a nice profile shot with me stuffed into my coat- I don't know how long that is going to last... perhaps the only time in my life I wouldn't mind living in St. George. :)
There is no way on this earth that Tyson would be caught dead in pink...that is hilarious. I'm glad to hear you got a new car...so do you still have that green Honda?
Post a Comment