Monday, January 26, 2009

When you're the best of friends . . .

I have worried in the past about my kids getting along together. There's a big old gap between Lydia and Jacob, and almost none at all between Jacob & Ellers. But ever since Gabe was born, they have all suddenly become the best of pals, and I am so grateful! That's not to say that they don't squabble plenty . . . This is an idea I stole from my sister Lou--lunch in a muffin tin, and it has been a big hit. And we're having a "picnic" on Mommy's bed because it was too cold outside and Gabe was sleeping.

Eleni wakes up at the crack of dawn, every single day, and is hungry. She eats with Lydia before school (this is her waiting at the counter--"Mommy, I HUNNNGY!). She eats again whenever Jacob wakes up. And by the time I get around to eating breakfast, she says, "I sit by yooo!" meaning she wants to eat my breakfast as well. Like her mother, food is definitely her comfort!

Jacob got a big kick out of Eleni's hair. Now I have to do it every time we wash it.

Lydia is my best helper! Without being asked, she'll pick up a crying Gabriel, put her feet on his bar, and "fly" him in the air . . . until he spits up on her. Then she's done being a helper, because--ew, Mommy, that is sick!

4 comments:

Vance King said...

You've got some really great kids! I got Lydia's email and it was so cute. Tell her thanks for me.

Marilyn said...

Picnics on the bed! What a fun idea. And have I said that I LOVE Lydia's hair? Gorgeous . . . just like yours. And, I love the unicorn hair in the bath! (Do you call it that?) My boys always have me make them into first unicorns, and then bunnies (the same, but with two points on top instead of one) when they're having a bath. So cute. :)

Bridgette said...

Have you heard people say that Jacob looks just like Seth? That picture of him in the tub looks just like Seth to me. What a cute family.

aunt choody said...

I was just missing Gabriel, now I am missing ALL of your sweet kids.