Thursday, October 21, 2010

Red Ribbon Week

It's Red Ribbon Week at Lydia's school this week, and yesterday was crazy hair day. Even more exciting for Lyd was the poster-drawing contest--she came up with this cute idea 100% on her own. Isn't it darling? I have to give her points for ingenuity, because I had put this precious paper on top of the fridge (you only get one from your teacher and you can't get a new one, she informed me), then forgot about it and put a tray of cookies on the fridge as well. A couple fell off and left some lovely grease stains at the bottom of the poster. But she made the best of things and decided to put the beer bottle right there. I know I'm a partial judge, but I love Lydia's artwork. She has a real talent for drawing animals in particular.
Crazy hair day with her neighborhood friends:
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bethany L. said...

Too cute! If I were judging, she's totally win! :)

Momma Kaye said...

How about that hair? Lydia is an artist, isn't she? We still have her peacock drawing on the fridge. (alot better than the real thing)

Lyd Stew said...

You are an artist Lyd! That is so good! I would have picked you!