
I think most of the kids in St. George would agree that the best water-feature park is the City Center lazy river by the library. And it's a rare thing to go there and
not be surrounded by most of the kids in St. George. Apparently everyone was out of town for Memorial Day weekend (yes, this post is long overdue), because we had the place essentially to ourselves--the only other person was a nice guy playing four different kinds of wood flutes, which really added to the peaceful atmosphere. (We went here again last week, and there had to be at least 250 kids--the water was completely brown and soupy . . . )

This was our family night activity--the last one before Daddy jumped into his crazy summer schedule, and we really enjoyed having him with us. He spent the following weekend at a Young Womens' Laurel retreat (luckily he got to take Lydia, and she had the time of her life), the weekend after that taking a 72-hour comprehensive final, and the next week at a Youth Conference in Ephraim. Then he started teaching a class at Dixie College as an adjunct faculty member--teaching IT, his masters' area of expertise--and jumped into his final college class this week. This year we are going to have to be creative with family time, since he will also be adding a 45-50 minute commute to his schedule; he was transferred to Snow Canyon Seminary, clear across town. We have been so spoiled to have him just around the corner, 5 minutes away, right next to Lydia's school! Luckily when summer is over, he will be ABD=All But Dissertation. This too shall pass, right? I am so proud of him--he manages to squeeze in daddy-daughter and daddy-son (and daddy-mommy) dates, taking splendid care of our beautiful yard (and I can brag, because I have no hand in it), and helping me around the house. He is truly an amazing man.

But I digress. I will let you enjoy the splash park . . .
"NO RUNNING" . . . I don't think we obeyed that one . . .
Thank you to Aunt Choody for this really fun Mei-Tei wrap! Evie loves it! She's supposed to be turned the other way, but she'll have none of it--she wants a full view of the action! Isn't her little hairy head just the funniest thing, stickin' out like a pincushion?
3 comments:
What a cute family and WHAT A FUN WATER FEATURE! Cool idea! I'm glad you took a picture, because I couldn't really visualize it when you described it. So fun! You are lovely by the way! Man- I need a cool wrap like that! I feel like I can't get anything done- how nice would it be to have my hands free!
I can't believe Seth's schedule. What about Elder Uchdorft's 'slow down' talk? Your family is amazing!
Look at the thing! I ask you! How did she get so much hair?! And, forgive me, but what was Seth doing at a Laurels retreat? It hardly seems the place for him.
Post a Comment