Sunday, September 25, 2011

I Like to Ride My Bicycle--With Daddy

One of our favorite, easiest family activities is to ride our bikes down the church parking lot.  It's on a slight incline, so it's a perfect spot to teach the kids to ride bikes
Seth found this bike and fixed it up for Eleni.  
Craig's List, $20.  
Having this indoor-loving girl ride it around all day--Priceless.
 I'm so glad we have a picture of Gabe on his "motorcycle," because the blue wheels are no more.  Gabe left it underneath Seth's truck, and he backed over it a month or so ago (yes, I am quite slow at posting pictures).  Seth found two old tires (never mind that they were from the neighbor's old princess bike--and yes, he had permission) and replaced them so it's good as new, albeit a touch girly.  Gabe hasn't complained yet, since it still goes "really really fast."
 
Can I just tell you how grateful I am to have a Handyman Negri husband?  He has repaired countless neighborhood bike tires, my washer, dryer, the ottoman that keeps loosing a leg, the dying grass, broken toys, my vacuum that nearly broke from all my long hair, the garbage disposal, the sprinkler system, clogged drains, the sound controls on the computer, you name it.  Seth can fix anything.  He also installed our reverse osmosis system, dishwasher, prunes the trees, keeps track of our finances, keeps the cars clean and in repair, cleans the toilets (when we married, he promised me he'd always do toilets and he's been true to his word!), plants & harvests the garden, teaches full-time seminary, serves on the high council, teaches two online classes, takes the kids on dates, helps me know what to do with them when I'm pulling my hair out, and gives me chances to go to book clubs, girls'-night-out, relief society meetings, etc.  I am so grateful for how much he does for me and for our little family while balancing everything else.  Someday when life slows down and we're rollin' in the dough, he will build me a library for my books and buy me a harp and my life will be complete.  But for now we'll just settle for a peaceful bike ride in the church parking lot.

4 comments:

Bethany L. said...

Now I know how you have so much time to read your books! I read the list of all the things Seth does for you to Jon and told him I'm gonna crack a whip and turn him into Seth! jk. :) So nice to have such sweet husbands!

Momma Kaye said...

I'm wondering if Seth made the promise to clean your toliets after he used ours during your engagement.

Lyd Stew said...

Way to make it do and wear it out. I love bikes- we just had a melt down because I left Amberlee's bike at school because I picked her up in the car. She was ready to run the whole way back to go get it. Better planning next time dear.

Lyd Stew said...

By the way- Seth also sports his sisters old pink big wheel. We are not to proud about pink as long as they are on fast "cars".