Friday, September 2, 2011

It IS my birfday!

Gabe and I have been fighting all day--one of the kids told him how many days left until his birthday, but they somehow told him one day shy, and he hasn't forgotten.  Today he was convinced it was his birthday, and he kept begging to open his presents, to eat his cake, and to have a party.  So if nothing else, at least he gets an early-birthday-post! :)
 The other day we decided to make faces for the camera.  This is us being happy.*
*Being happy has been more common lately, ever since Gabe suddenly figured out how to go potty!  I dread potty training more than any other stage of child development, and I tried a while back and failed miserably after just six hours.  Seth suggested I use Gabe's brace shoes ("night-night shoes") as leverage. When he would beg not to wear them, I would say, "You can stop wearing them as soon as you learn to go potty."  One night as I was just about to put on his shoes, he said, "Well, can I go potty right now?"  I said, "Sure, if you want to," and he went right away.  He has been near-perfect ever since!  As he should be--he's three now, after all!  But definitely my easiest to potty-train.  Who would have thought? 
 A mad "Dark Bayder" (Darth Vader) face.
 Scared.
Thinking. 
 Sad and worried.
 Surprised and laughing!
 Just plain silly.
 Dark Bayder again.
The kissing one!  I love my boy.  Happy birthday, Gabe!

2 comments:

Bethany L. said...

You tender heart! I can't believe how fast Gabe is growing up!

Lyd Stew said...

Dear Sister! Where is the fountain of youth you seems to have discovered? Seriously- do you age? Your skin is glowing and you "look "positively radiant I tell you!" It's amazing. Do share your secrets... please. :) Cute post- cute faces- he's pretty good, and it's amazing how much you look alike. Happy late b-day Gabe!