Sunday, March 11, 2012

What Have We Been Up To?

It feels like this is what we do all day long--feed these cute little faces . . .
(Do you love my Christmas Present in the background?  Seth had that beautiful little bookshelf built for me--I love it!!!!)
The Digital Era is upon us, and my kids are learning how to play computer games and handheld devices at an alarming rate.  We have to have "no computer/no I-pod" days quite frequently so they don't turn into little zombies. I have such mixed feelings about these gadgets!  It is amazing how quickly you can get information, but just as with television, the Internet, and any other innovation, it can be used for good or ill.  It's just up to us!  This article has some great thoughts on the subject.
 So while we have too  much of that, we still have a lot of this going on:
 And sometimes even harmony in playtime.
 With a healthy dose of practicing!  Jacob has started piano lessons with me, and he's cruising!  He really gets it.  Lydia has also started taking lessons from a more advanced teacher--she loves it and has blossomed as a pianist.  She looks forward to continuing her violin in orchestra next year.
Gabe fills his days playing with the cars he so graciously gave Jacob for his birthday . . . 
 and doing this from time to time . . . no wonder my kids are all sick!
 Evie's been doing this pretty well, at least!
And Eleni can read!  She's almost done with her reading lessons book. 
(This book is a must--it has made teaching my children to read so simple!)
There are few things more rewarding than seeing them finally understand how to sound out words and actually read.  
 (Doesn't she resemble this guy a bit?  Seth at about the same age . . .)
 Life has been incredibly hectic, but it's nice to have moments like this when my kids teach each other and help me out.  I am so blessed!

2 comments:

Momma Kaye said...

Your children are adorable! I'm so happy that Lydia is taking official lessons now. I have some great piano books I'll bring down with us.

Marilyn said...

Okay, I must talk to you about several things. Piano lessons and reading lessons among them. How do you do it?!? I need help. I'll send an email. Or . . . Call you? What a novel idea. :)