Eleni has found her true passion (for the moment)--dance! She takes a class from our old neighbor, who has turned her entire living room into a dance studio. Eleni has been in heaven! It's a very relaxed, modern dance/ballet style, and her teacher uses really tasteful music and age-appropriate dance moves. It's been great. They performed at the Art Festival a few weeks ago, and these pictures are from their family performance.
I was really proud of Eleni--without any persuasion from me, she announced, "I love our new dance costumes, but they're not modest, so I'm going to wear a shirt underneath." I didn't realize she would be the only one with a shirt on, but I was really proud of her. She didn't seem to mind sticking out at all. I am grateful to Lydia, who pounded it into Eleni's head a few years back that you can be modest, no matter what you're doing. (**I have nothing against people in dance wearing dance leotards! I was just grateful to see that modesty means something to Eleni--there was a time when we worried! :)
I love this picture of Eleni doing a grande plie--almost there!!!
Even though she loves to dance, she can get down and dirty with the rest of the kids! This is what happened after they played with an exercise ball outside in the driveway. They had a blast for about an hour and ended up looking like chimney sweeps from Mary Poppins. . . .
1 comment:
Oh, Precious Eleni! I am so proud of her. You may think that the t shirt is a small thing, but by small and simple things are great things come to pass... Like worthy temple covenants, etc. Thank you for teaching an important lesson to all who read your blog. I love you, Jessica!
Post a Comment