I inherited (and continue to inherit) the most wonderful family of in-laws! (this is Jessica talking, by the way--you probably know by now that Seth doesn't have two seconds to even look at the computer unless it's to write a paper) This is long overdue, but I just wanted to thank them for making Thanksgiving so special for our family! We had Seth's parents, Vance & Brittney & baby Austin, Sarah & Tyson, Brian, and Grandma King for almost a week last November, and we had a thoroughly enjoyable Thanksgiving as a result.
The women did the cooking, the men did the setting-up-of-the-table and the carving, and Brittney did the making-of-things-to-look-amazing.
I'm ashamed to admit that when I pictured Thanksgiving dinner, my practical brain thought, "Okay, we'll use the paper plates and it will be so easy to clean up." But my beautiful, talented sister-in-law Brittney (daughter of a catering genius) very kindly asked if it would be okay to use the china in my display cabinet? and did we have a tablecloth? My grandma gave me china for my wedding and no, it had never been used but has been on display for, oh, five years now. So I dug out a tablecloth, Brittney threw together some gourmet relish trays, and wow, isn't it beautiful? I should have taken credit for it from the get go, huh.
And there's our handsome Uncle Brian, who leaves on his LDS mission to the Fiji Islands in a month. We'll miss you, Brian!
5 comments:
Jessica, you are just as sweet and funny as ever.
Beautiful china! (Beautiful plumage!) I approve. After all, you don't want to be like that one lady that died before she ever wore the special dress (you know what I'm talking about, don't you? . . . one of President Monson's stories . . . ).
My word verification is "flopp"!!
Oh how nice your thanksgiving looked! Sadly I don't even have china - I'm right there with ya on the paper plates!
I still think the paper plate idea is the way to go...less clean up time. I swear Thanksgiving is a day of slavery for women in the kitchen!
Can we reserve you for next year?
Post a Comment