Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pretty in Pink

 Our very, very cute little baby. -Lydia
I love you, Evie!  I wish I was not sick so I wouldn't cough on you.
And I like your blanket, Evie. -Eleni
 I can't believe how much hair this girl has--this big bow actually stayed in!
 And this has to be my favorite picture of Evie thus far.  I know it's bad to brag, but isn't she beautiful?

Not too keen on her first bath, though . . . Thanks to my sweet Daddy for the beautiful flowers!  I came home from the hospital to find beautiful roses and alstromeria in every room.  Daddy couldn't be here to help with Evie, so he sent the next best thing.  Hey, if you have a minute, you should check out his flower blog--he's amazing!

And what would we have done without my sweet Momma?  She came the day Evie was born and took such great care of the kids!  She taught Lydia how to bake bread (yes, I am still afraid of yeast, so I have yet to successfully bake a loaf . . .), she took the kids to the park, planned Jacob's birthday party, made sure I took my vitamins, and watched Jane Austen movies with  me.  We miss you, Grandma Kaye!

5 comments:

Ben Romney said...

I am glad at least the flowers could be present for the arrival of little Evie! She is darling. I hope someday to give her a hug. love you
--grandpaben

Sara Packer said...

Oh, Jessica!!! She is beautiful. I had forgetton she was due so soon. It flew by for me(I'm sure it didn't for you). I am so happy for you. You'll have to let me know how 5 is. We're expecting #5 in October. As always, I miss you and wish we were closer. You're amazing.

abi said...

She is sooo precious Jess! What a pretty girl! I hope you are doing well and the adjustment to 5 has been smooth. What a sweet family - miss you guys!!

shay said...

I can't believe all that hair! She's so cute! Seeing pictures of your mom made me miss all of you even more! Tell her hi for me!

Momma Kaye said...

I like how you said "Mom PLANNED Jacob's birthday party." Always easier to PLAN than IMPLEMENT! Ha.