Monday, February 7, 2011

Welcome Home Evie Jane!

Evie Jane King was born last Friday at 1:54 pm--8 lbs 10 oz, 20", with lots and lots of thick, dark hair.  You all know my babies come about a week late, right?  So of course my biggest comes 3 days early . . .  We have been terribly sick with the flu, but I had a feeling Evie would be early, so I told Heavenly Father I needed to get better RIGHT STRAIGHTAWAY NOW--and thank goodness he heard my prayers!
She is just beautiful--such a precious, sweet little spirit!  I know this sleeping-all-day-and-night won't last, but it is a very pleasant stage.
Thanks to my sweet sisters for the beautiful quilts--and Beth, thanks for this outfit!  She looks so pretty in Brown . . . but of course she had a messy diaper in it . . .
Do you think these guys are excited or what?  I had to stay an extra day in the hospital due to some postpartum complications, so the kids were very anxious to meet their little sister.  And because of the season, they weren't allowed to come visit.  Sheer torture!
My mom is holding Evie here--we are so grateful she could come down and help!  The kids have been in heaven as she spoils them rotten and takes them to the park.  Wish we could keep her forever, but I have one sister due in a month and another a couple of months after that.  Poor Mom--we are totally going to wear her out!
Notice there are no pictures of Gabe . . . we are trying to train him on being a "nice big brother," but it's going to be quite a long road!  I just found him in her room, throwing a whole basket of toys one by one into the crib with Evie.  Luckily she slept right through it--he didn't hit her once.  That girl appears to have a guardian angel, and she's going to need it! :)

3 comments:

Bethany L. said...

I can't even tell you how tickled we are about this little beauty! Lila keeps giggling pointing and saying, "Oh baby!" We're so happy for you--she really is so pretty! And I'm jealous of all that dark hair! Too cute!

Lyd Stew said...

Such a beauty queen... or "king" I suppose. :) Just a peach- I want to kiss her cheeks and then braid her hair... all of it. You promise you didn't slip on a wig? She has the sweetest little face ever! I think she got your cute nose Jess. :) She is just perfect and I am SOOOOOO proud of you and all your hard work! You are superwoman! Thanks for posting some pictures... we have SERIOUSLY been anxiously awaiting... and we're not disappointed. Everything we dreamed! Can't wait to snuggle her up in person! Keep posting!

Always a newly wed said...

Evie is SOOOO CUTE! We love the dark long hair! We are so excited for you! Hope all is going well. Give everyone our love!
-Sarah and Tyson-