Sunday, March 27, 2011

Jimmer Pajammers Dinner Party

Jimmer Fredette plays for the BYU Cougars Basketball team, and they made it all the way to the Sweet Sixteen in the NCAA tournament.  The kids felt we needed to celebrate for what turned out to be their last game.  And what an amazing player Jimmer Fredette is! 
We wore our pajamas and the boys had "32" taped on their backs, 
 
 
 We had dinner of homemade "soy-boy" (that's what Jacob used to pronounce Subway) sandwiches, but now I'm wishing I had checked out my sis-in-law Amy's blog ahead of time--she went all out for my family's party!  Wish we lived closer to you guys!
Last Sunday the kids begged for a tent--and when Daddy makes the tent, you know it's going to be awesome. :)  You can't tell from the picture, but the whole room was covered.  The kids all slept there that night, and of course almost all of them ended up coming upstairs to our room at some point.  It was ever thus.

4 comments:

Momma Kaye said...

We had a party for that BYU game too. Beth and Jon used a projector and we watched it on the big screen. It was a blast-- even though they lost. We felt bad for that Jimmer boy, who seemed to be such a target for the other team.
What a fun idea with the taped numbers and tent. Your family is really growing, and you are making lasting memories. We are so proud of you!

Lyd Stew said...

So fun! I'm loving these up-dates. Such cute pictures of your little fam!

Bethany L. said...

I'll admit Jonny and I did get caught up in the "jimmer-mania" this year! You would have love our party. Actually the most entertaining part was how Mom teared up every time Jimmer got fouled or hurt. She'd say, "That boy just has such a good spirit and I feel like they are being so mean to him!" :) Gotta love Moms tender heart. I should've taped a 32 on Ezra and Jons back! You're so clever.

Marilyn said...

Wasn't it a great year for basketball? I loved nearly every minute of it. But even though I said I was just happy to make it to the sweet 16, when we actually played the game I got greedy and wanted more. It took me a long time to get over that loss. I think I am over it now. Almost. But there's still a pang of disappointment when I think of it, so maybe not.