Saturday, May 11, 2013

When Can We Go to Salt Lake City Again????

You can tell we don't get out much . . . my kids have talked about Salt Lake City and have begged to go back there almost every day!  We took this trip a few weeks ago (before my last post) when Seth had to defend his dissertation.  Seth's parents came all the way down to Salt Lake to meet us, and we had quite a day touring downtown Salt Lake!
 The kids were fascinated by the beautiful new City Creek Center--Evie would have been happy at this fish pond the entire day.  
Sweet big brother!
 It was pretty chilly, but that didn't stop all the kids from getting soaked at the outdoor rhythmic fountains--so fun to watch!
 You should have seen Evie go to town on this giant Sbarro's pizza slice!  I think she ate the entire thing with a little help from her Grandpa!
 We walked around Temple Square and toured the Conference Center, which is such a magnificent building.  I think the highlight for most of the kids was walking into the auditorium itself--it is so breathtakingly big--sort of like looking down into the Grand 
 Later that evening, we were lucky enough to be able to drop by and visit my brother Anthony and his wife Kylie, and their darling kids, Kalina & Duncan.  Kylie was due just before me and had her beautiful baby, Iris Stone, just a week or two after we saw them.  They have such a cute apartment--what good parents they are!  It was so fun to see them, even if my kids were bouncing off the walls and tackling their cousins . . . they were all very patient with us!

 Pregnant tummies!
Kalina has the sweetest, brightest personality!  And Duncan is about as cute as they come.  I can't wait to meet Iris!

3 comments:

Momma Kaye said...

Your photos are beautiful in this post. Maybe it's because I love all of the people in them. What a great trip!

Lyd Stew said...

Jessica- I keep waiting for you to age, but it feels like every time I see a picture of you, you look more and more youthful! What is your secret? It is the braids? Or that you are just so thin and lovely and barely look pregnant? Stunning! I love the shot with you and Kylie together- lovely ladies! What a fun family outing! There is a lot to see there! I'm glad to know you took some time off the busy routine. We are sure proud of Seth! What an awesome achievement!

Bethany L. said...

My goodness Jess, look pregnant will ya?! You and Kylie are so cute pregnant! {Any baby yet, btw?} And Evie's hair in that City Creek picture is gorgeous! You fancy dancy. Salt Lake City is so fun, I can't blame any of you for wanting to go back! :)