Sunday, September 25, 2011

Eleni's Vitamin A Deficiency

 The poor thing 
 just can't seem to open her big, beautiful blue eyes for a picture
 any wider than this
no matter how hard she tries.
Especially when I am trying to get her to look at the camera. 
 So I tried taking pictures as she was explaining something to me,
 but it didn't work.
 At all.  She really tries, and the more she tries,
 the worse it gets.  The red-eye light on my camera seems to intensify the problem,
 so I told her to close her eyes and I would tell her when to open them:
TA-DA!  And we lost the smile and passed the closed-eye syndrome on to Gabe.

4 comments:

Bethany L. said...

I know I always tell you this, but I really did laugh out loud at this one. You are hilarious and Eleni cracks me up!

Momma Kaye said...

Jessica, do you think Eleni needs some good banana squash or carrots? Does she have vision problems-- or is it just in the sunshine that she struggles? I know you are just kidding around, but I'm worried about her. She is so adorable.

Lyd Stew said...

I think this is my favorite post ever. I have read through it about four times and laughed every time. (A sure sign of a good post. :) Potential solution: Sun glasses?

Marilyn said...

Malachi has this same condition. And I love your Mom's comment. "I know you are just kidding around, but I'm worried about her!". Such a classic mom thing to say. I can almost hear myself saying that to one of my kids . . .